Thursday, August 19, 2021 / by Raj Jaggi
1. Work with an agent: Having a realtor makes your life 10x easier when selling. They help you navigate the selling process and take care of staging, marketing, reviewing offers, handling negotiations, explaining the complicated terms in legal documents, and much more!
2. Have a time frame for the sale: To maximize the value of your home timing will be essential. By timing we mean decide what season you should sell based on your market.
3. The right price: Don't fall under the impression that a higher price will make you more money instantly. That can lead to your house sitting on the market for a long time eventually making you drop the price. The best way to put a price on your home is having your agent do a comparative market analysis where they take criteria from your home and compare it against similar properties in the area that were sold and for how much, giving them a good understanding of an appropriate price.
4. Maintain your home: Buyers certainly appreciate a well-kept home. Whether it's a thorough cleaning, a fresh coat of paint, minor repairs, or replacing household hardware.
5. Negotiate the best offer: When presented with an offer you might have the urge to accept immediately thinking that you've been given the best deal. To get the most bang for your buck have an agent look over the offer and negotiate for you, they are more experienced and can better guide you on the ins and outs when comes time to make a decision.